Information is an important aspect in a society"s life and information access is the condition to form a modern society. In other words, to form a society which access information, information centers and libraries have a very important role.
The rapid development of information technology and communication today, requires qualified human resources in order to anticipate and handle library and information centers based on information technology.
In recent developments, librarian are required to have excellent skill and wide perspective to participate in the library community and the information center in Indonesia. This is because libraries and information centers need competent human resources who able to handle information which its quality and quantity are getting better from various media, information technology and modern communication.
However, the main obstacle in Indonesia is the lack of qualified education institutions which offering education program on information and library field. Therefore, Gajah Mada University Graduate School offers Master program on Information and Library Management.
The establishment of the program is in a line with the purposes of the Gajah Mada University Graduate School as a research based high education Institution which absolutely needs qualified facilities and human resources on information and library field.
The Program"s Purposes
- To produce alumnae who have theoretical and analytical capability on Information and Library management.
- To produce graduate students who have understanding on formulating information.
- To produce graduate students who able to manage library institution and information center, and also able to give information service to the public.
The Program"s Target
The substance"s instructions of this program is relevant with library management and the information system, such as public library, university library, Regional Information Institution, government institutions, private companies, mass media institution, research and instruction center and non-government organization.
The Tuition Fee
This program should be finished in 3 semesters (18 months) with 45 credits. The tuition fee for each semester is Rp. 7.750.000,-
Register"s Condition and Procedures
- Undergraduate certificate.
- Recommendation letter from a lecturer of the university where the certificated derived
- The apllicant, who works in certain institution, should be enclosed recommendation from the superior employer.
- Exclamation to pay the tuition fee, a guarantee letter should be enclosed.
- Willing to join the selection test
- Registering to the Management of Library Science Program.
- Proof on registration fee Rp. 750.000,- (TPA and TOEFL test included).
- Exchange the paid form of registering fee at the Secretariat of MIP Graduated Program. Fill the registering form and enclosed two sheets of 3X4 photographs.
- Fill the form
List of Courses
- Current information Issues
- Communication and Information Research Method
- Sociology Theory
- Information and Development Theories
- Information of Society Resources
- Seminar on Research proposal construction
- Culture of Indonesian Society
- Scientific Ethics and Philosophy
- Information Service Management
- Library Operational System
- Information Service Based on Information Technology
- Library, Institutional and Information Management.
- Public Relation and Library Promotion
- Others elective courses
For more information, please contact:
S2 Manajemen Informasi dan Perpustakaan UGM.
Jl. Bulaksumur 16 Yogyakarta 55281
tlp. (0274) 3210060, Tlp/Fax. (0274) 513163