Master of Leadership and Policy Innovation Study Program
Universitas Gadjah Mada
Politic-economic problems, for instance: poverty, the quality of public services, corruption, environmental damage, and business affair with government become more complicated for the last two decade. Hence, Master of Leadership and Policy Innovation (MLPI) Program have developed a master degree program with its purpose to educate the students to have strong critical thinking capacity and analytical skill on the study and development of leadership and policy innovations. Expectedly, through this MLPI program will be paradigm and approach change in leadership and policy practice, so that the leadership implementation also policy formulation and implementation directed into the construction of policy innovation to respond complicated economic, social, and political problems.
- Increasing conceptual mastery of any leadership and public policies issues.
- Increasing methodology capacity to support research activities and analysis of any leadership and public policies issues.
- Increasing capacity to use IT for decision making and designing policy innovation.
- Increasing the ability to analyze research data to support the policy, whether in the form of policy papers, article, or other scientific writings
Facilities, among others:
- Database of research reports of CPPS UGM which can be accessed by MLPI UGM students,
- Library, International standard, completed with e-journal facility,
- Opportunity to join the internship program on researches conducted by CPPS UGM,
- Computer laboratory to analyze data.
- Students’ activity room featured computers with internet access,
- Wi-Fi network all around the building.
MLPI UGM has a strong commitment to upholding democracy, pluralism, social justice (include the justice of gender) values, and good governance development. Those values are the framework of the teaching-learning process.
Model of Lecture
MLPI UGM curriculum emphasis on the effort to give strong research and analysis ability to the students by giving theoretical insights and sufficient methodological mastery to analyze and practice research. Therefore, the chosen methods for this program are not only class lecture but also workshop and internship (directed research). Furthermore, MLPI also develops long distance courses featured webinar technology.
Amount of Credit and Time Period
Amount of credits which should be finished by an MLPI student consist of 44 SKS; 6 mandatory courses (18 SKS), 6 optional courses (18 SKS), and thesis (8 SKS). After attending matriculation and finish their thesis, students can be graduated in 18 months.
a. Matriculation Subjects
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Introduction to Policy Science
- Scientific Writing Technique
b. Mandatory Courses
- Strategic and Innovative Leadership
- Disruptive innovation and Policy
- Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Public Values and Innovation
- Policy Analysis Based on Data
- Research method for Policy Innovation
c. Optional Courses
- Leadership and Cultural Transformation
- Collaborative and Multiculturalism Leadership
- Governance Innovation
- Grassroots Innovation
- Public Policy Economy
- Democracy, Trust, and Citizenship
- Globalization and labor
- The dynamic of population and innovation
- Welfare and social capital policy
- Intelligence policy and national security
- Business, politic, and society
- Social entrepreneurship
The Program’s Specialty
MLPI UGM is strongly related to research activity conducted by CPPS UGM. For more than 40 years, CPPS UGM has been conducting researches on various themes, for instance: the quality of public services, governance, decentralization, social protection, population,
CorporateSocialResponsibility (CSR),and many more. Those data can be used by students for their assignment and thesis.
Qualification for Applicants
Those who can apply are government employees, non-government employees, NGO activists, researchers, lecturers, businessmen, and bachelor graduate who have passion for policy studies and leadership.
Apply to MLPI UGM
Applicants should have bachelor degree (S1) from university in Indonesia or abroad, and submit an application consist of:
- Copy of bachelor degree (S1) certificate, legalized
- Copy of bachelor degree (S1) transcript, legalized
- Newest passport photo.
- Copy of accreditation certificate of their bachelor degree (S1) study program
- Copy of Academic Potential Test (TPA) Bappenas, Pascasarjana Academic Potential Test (Paps) UGM, or HimpunanPsikologi Indonesia Academic Potential Test certificate which still apply (max. 2 years after publication date), with minimum score 450.
- Copy of English proficiency test which still apply (max. 2 years): ITP TOEFL (or equivalent IELTS, AcEPT, or TOEP), with minimum score400.
- Letter of recommendation from 2 people (lecturer or supervisor) who knows the academic capacity of the applicant.
- Certificate of health from doctor.
- Dissertation research proposal
- Projection of aspiration from the applicant
- Letter of permit from supervisor (for applicants who working)
More information on the UGM and Graduate School website (http://um.ugm.ac.id, http://www.pasca.ugm.ac.id).
Time and Application Procedure
The online registration always open on each semester via http://um.ugm.ac.idby following these steps:
- Creating an application account in http://um.ugm.ac.id
- Apply on that website by uploading required documents. All of the documents should be uploaded, except the recommendation letter which should be directly filled by the person via online.
- Pay registration fee via multipayment system in one of this bank: Bank Mandiri, BNI, BRI, BTN, BPD DIY, CIMB Niaga, and Bank SyariahMandiri (BSM).
- Print proofs of registration which will be used after the applicant have already admitted on the master degree program.
More information on the UGM and Graduate School website (http://um.ugm.ac.id, http://www.pasca.ugm.ac.id). If you need help related to the registration technical, you may contact the secretariat of MLPI program.
SelectionProcess of MLPI UGM Program
Selection for this program is held every day after fulfills the administration requirement via UGM website. The selection processes consist of written test and interview.
The amount of tuition fee following UKT (Uang Kuliah Tunggal) system, Rp 11.000.000 (eleven million rupiah) for each semester.
The MLPI program registered as study program which can receive scholarship from:
- PUSBINDIKLATREN BAPPENAS
- Bank Mayapada Scholarship
- Other scholarship as listed in MLPI official website
Collaborationand Special Class
MLPI has collaboration with various institutions, for instance, BKKBN, Ministry of Labor and Transmigration, BPS, Ministry of Finance, R.D. Timor Leste government also many regional governments. The collaboration has been held by sending staffs from those institutions to study at MLPI UGM, whether through regular or special class. The special classes have a specific concentration, for example, concentration of social policy, leadership, population, development, CSR, and others.
The lecturer staffs have qualification as professor and doctorate degree:
- Prof. Dr. Muhadjir M. Darwin, M.P.A.
- Prof. Dr. Yeremias T. Keban, MURP
- Prof. Dr. PurwoSantoso, M.A.
- Prof. Dr. WihanaKirana Jaya, M.Soc.Sc
- Prof. Dr. ArmaidyArmawi ,M.Si.
- Prof. Dr. LaksonoTrisnantoro, M. Sc.
- Prof. Dr. MudrajadKuncoro, M.Soc.Sc
- Prof. Dr. M. Baiquni, M.A.
- Prof. Dr. SamsubarSaleh, M.Soc.Sc
- Prof. Dr. Tri Widodo, M. Ec.Dev.
- Prof. Dr. Fat u r ochman, M.A.
- Prof. Dr. Ir. AchmadJunaedi, MURP.
- Prof. Dr. EduardusTandelilin, M.B.A.
- Prof. Dr. AgusPramusinto, MDA.
- Prof. Dr. SiswantoAgusWilopo,
- Prof. Dr. Ir. AchmadJunaedi, MURP
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Ali Agus, DAA., DEA
- Prof. Dr. KwartariniWahyuYuniarti, MMedSc.
- Prof. Dr. Nurhasan Ismail, S.H., M.Si.
- Dr.soc.pol. AgusHeruantoHadna, M.Si.
- Dr, MulyadiSumarto, M.P.P.
- Dr. Pande Made Kutanegara, M.Si.
- Dr. Sukamdi, M. Sc.
- Dr. DewiHaryaniSusilastuti, M. Sc.
- Dr. UmiListyaningsih, M.Si.
- Dr. AgusJokoPitoyo, M.A.
- Dr. Setiadi, M. Sc.
- Dr. HakimulIkhwan, M.A.
- Dr. JangkungHandoyoMulyo, M.Ec.
- Dr. Evita H. Pangaribowo, M.IDEC.
- Dr. WakhidSlametCiptono, MBA., MPM.
- Dr. KuskridoAmbardi, M.A.
- Dr. PujoSemediHargoYuwono, M.A.
- Dr. FahmyRadhi, M.B.A.
- Dr. FathulHimam, M.Psi., MA.
- Dr. R. A. Romadhoni Surya Putra, S.Pt., M.Sc
- And other lecturer staffs of MLPI program.
Dra. Sri Ediastuti, M.Sc. Assistant ofDistrict Secretary. Bantul Regency:
”Taking master degree at this program is very important, especially for leaders in this country. I’ve felt the benefits with many new knowledge and insights so that it helps my profession a lot”
Muhammad Mulia, Researcher atSurveyMETER:
“The professional lecturers and cooperative academic staff always give excellent service and supported with library facility which loaded with book references and research reports. My study experiences here have made me love research work even more”
Sunaji, M.Sc. DirekturEksekutif Institute for Research and Empowerment (IRE) Yogyakarta:
“Studying at this campus, felt like go through an intellectual adventure with complex challenge. Nevertheless, owing to long knowledgeable epistemic, this campus successfully carry out its destiny to legalize a change on my education platform.”
DimposManalu, Doctor Candidate in Fisipol-UGM, Secretary ofManagement Board of KSPPM, Parapat, Sumatera Utara
“This program also offers serious but fun academic ambiance, qualified and egalitarian staff, supportive administrative and librarian staff, and most importantly, warm atmosphere which makes students feel at home”
IqrakSulhin, Head of Criminology Department FISIP UI:
"Empirically, criminology and policy studies stand on different cluster, nonetheless, and interdisciplinary character of criminology needs help from other studies, as though policy studies which multidiscipline as well. It was my motivation as well to pursue master degree in here”
MasriSingarimbun Building, Jl. Tevisia, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281
No. Phone: 0274-547867, 556564
No. Fax: 0274-556563