Postgraduate education at UGM, especially for doctoral programs have been developed since 1950. As for the master program was developed from 1980 after the government set stratification college level that includes S1, S2, and S3.
At first we have to admit that the public interest to pursue education in the S2 program (master's degree) and program S3 (doctorate) is still lacking. But along with the times and increasing competition in the era of globalization makes the public interest to pursue higher education is increasing. Even today there are some people who think that by passing the S1 (undergraduate) is not enough. It is therefore not surprising that the number of prospective students S2 and S3 from year to year increase. Passion the general public in response to S2 and S3 was also followed by both government agencies and private institutions, such as the Local Government (LG), enterprises, public enterprises, NGOs, private companies and so on. They realize that having quality human resources is one way to optimize an institution.
UGM graduate should be proud because it has more than 259 professors and 767 PhD graduates at home and abroad from different disciplines who are able to meet people's desire to improve their competencies through education and the teaching and research developed in S2 and S3 a multidisciplinary program.
Being an international Graduate School of superior and distinguished, oriented to the interests of the nation based on Pancasila.
- Education, research, and community service that has prestige and international competitiveness at the graduate level in the multidisciplinary field
- Graduate School develop into an institution that has a reliable institutional capacity, both in terms of infrastructure, human resources, governance, and Corporate Culture
- Expanding the network of alumni and cooperation in improving the quality of the infrastructure and financial capability education, research, and community service.
- The building is quite representative. This building is commonly called "Curved House" because of the shape of the curve.
- Air-conditioned lecture rooms are equipped with LCD and Internet networks.
- Seminar rooms are air conditioned and equipped with LCD, with a capacity of 225 people.
- Curved building yard convenient for study groups.
- Graduate Library
- English Corner Program, a program designed for students who want memfasihkan ability to communicate in English.
- Language Training Center, a place that can be used by the student to increase English proficiency, TOEFL Test Like, Institutional TOEFL Test or International TOEFL Test.
- WI-FI Area as free internet facilities.
- Computer lab.
- Student organization known as HMP (Graduate Student Association), and other organizations HIMMPAS, Student Cooperative and others.
- General Hospital Dr. Sardjito.
- Dental Hospital Prof. Soedomo.
- Bank BNI, Bank Mandiri, the Post Office Campus.
- Publishing Center of the University.
- Campus environment through which the City Bus lines.
- At-Taqwa mosque Graduate School who is above the pool.
- Cafeteria with a variety of menu and reasonably priced.
- A shady parking lot and spacious.
- GS Book Store for students.
Reasons to Graduate School
- UGM as the oldest university in Indonesia that always puts quality.
- The availability of qualified teaching staff and is a graduate of leading universities abroad.
- UGM capabilities to bear on the problems of nationality.
- The availability of various scholarships, such as the Graduate School Scholarships, BPPS (Scholarship for Graduate Education), SPIS (Ford Foundation), STUNED, the World Islamic Call Society, Master Chin Kung Scholarship, Bappenas, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Home Affairs, etc.
- UGM is deemed capable of giving way to the social world, namely through collaborations that have been developed UGM with universities or institutions abroad.
- UGM SPs location in the middle of Student City.
- Education fees and the cost of living in the city of Yogyakarta, which is relatively cheaper compared to elsewhere. As the information that the cost of living in the city of Yogyakarta, ranging from one million to one and a half million per month.
Jl. Teknika Utara, Pogung, Sleman, Yogyakarta, 55281
(0274) 544975, 555 881, 564 239